𝐂𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐞𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐬
“𝘈 𝘥𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘯 𝘪𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘥𝘶𝘤𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦.” — 𝘉𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘦́ 𝘉𝘳𝘰𝘸
The purpose of a high performance team is to create awareness and inclusion. Such a team has a united vision and is highly motivated to bring that vision alive, personally and collectively.
To create a high performance team, it takes much more than finding the right people and equipping them with the right tools and training to do their job well. To create extraordinary workplaces, it all comes down to whether the following three psychological needs are met or not: autonomy, competence, and related to others.
When these needs are met, people feel more fulfilled and find their life more meaningful, which results in people feeling healthier, happier, show higher levels of motivation and are more productive.
When the workplaces are more authentic, people experience the psychological safety to express their full range of emotions with their team members. They also are more aware of when it is a right time to share their emotions or not. This type of safety shows to benefit overall team performance and awareness levels.
Still organisations struggle to build environments, where people really feel connected and experience a sense of belonging.
𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐞𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐬?
𝑩𝒚 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔, 𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒅𝒊𝒆𝒔 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒕 𝒕𝒆𝒂𝒎 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 :
- Accountability – It is our Personal Responsibility to own our commitment and to deliver it
- Set Common Goals – To have a clear goal, everyone knows what the team is working towards
- Strategic meetings and plans – To be clear and concise during meetings and stay with the topic
- Invest time in bonding over no-work related matters – Get to know your team members over a cup of coffee, talk about things that matter
- Show more appreciation towards each other – Not only from top to bottom but to peer to peer
- Authentic workplaces – Being Authentic enhances well-being and individual and team-performance
- Solution Focused Corporation & Communication – Focus on what goes well, elicit and celebrate successes
- Outside Corporation – Know why you do it and if it still matches with the stakeholders
Reflective questions for your team:
Can you remember a time in your life where you really felt part of a high performance team?
- What was the biggest benefit for you?
- What was the biggest benefit for others?
- How does this still influence your life?
Most people who have experienced being part of a high performance team that thrived, felt they were part of something bigger than themselves and look back with great satisfaction and a sense of having had a purpose. The wanted to stay part of this team/organisation and grow with it.
If you would like to find out how we can be a process facilitator for your team/organisation, get in touch with us. We will tailor a program that will suit the vision of your organisation and can work towards a culture of purpose and excellence performance.
We look forward to working with you.
Claudia van Zuiden & Arturo Massaro,
Founders Conscious World Agents
Claudia van Zuiden